2 DAYS ZAGORA DESERT TOUR
Desert Tour Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE – ZAGORA
At 8:am our driver collects you from your Marrakech hotel, you will travel across the High Atlas Mountains which are the highest in Africa and over the famous Tizi n’Tichka pass (2260m). From these mountains, you will see the most spectacular views of the valleys and the Berber villages which are sat on the edges of the sides of the mountain but appear to be part of the mountain - an awe inspiring sight. After the Tichka pass, The next stop will be Ait Benhaddou which is approached down a brand new road and there you will explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou. This Kasbah is the most famous in Morocco and has been used in many Hollywood films. After lunch in Ouarzazate, you will drive south over the Tizi-n-Tinfifite pass. When you reach Zagora, you will see the dunes of Tizi where we will leave the 4x4 and here you will take a camel ride of approx 1 hour to your overnight destination under the stars. After dinner you will spend the night in a bivouac or you can choose to sleep under the millions of stars and make a wish on the many shooting stars you see. Dinner & overnight in the tent.
DAY 2 : ZAGORA – AGDEZ – HIGH ATLAS – MARRAKECH
Driving back to Ouarzazate after breakfast, along the Draa Valley, you will have lots of chances to take photos of the amazing scenery and going off-road along the ancient caravan routes between the mountains and the river. On your return to Marrakesh, you will travel along the main road from Ouarzazate, passing many Berber villages along the river and through the mountains. You will reach Marrakesh in the late afternoon.
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||2 People||4 People||6 People|
|PRICE PER PERSON||180 €||120 €||90 €|
|ADULT||CHILD (3-11)||INFANT (0-2)|
|60 € / PER PERSON||50 %||Free|
MARRAKECH TO ZAGORA DESERT TOUR OVERVIEW
This Morocco desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora goes through the Aït Benhaddou Kasbah, Ouarzazate the south pearl with its’ beautiful cinema studios, the Kasbah Taourirt, the old Galoui Palace, the river through the Draa Valley with many Kasbahs, the long palm tree oasis which produces famous dates, the village of Agdz, and then Zagora.. The massive adobe structures we see along the route are divided into houses that serve as habitations for families of these Kasbah villages where life has continued unchanged over many centuries.
MARRAKECH DESERT TRIP TO ZAGORA INFO
- Duration: 2 Days & 1 Night
- Departure: 7/8 AM
- Starting location: Marrakech
- Ending location: Marrakech
- Free arrival transfer(Marrakech Airport - Marrakech hotel)
- Transportation (A/C comfortable 4WD/minivan/minibus)
- Professional English speaking driver during the trip
- Accommodation in typical hotels, riads and tents
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- Camel trek to overnight in nomad desert camp
- Sunrise and sunset camel treks
- Berber music show / Entertainment
- Visit to nomad and Berber families
- Visit the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Breaks for photos...Etc
- Travel Insurance
- Beverages & Lunches
MARRAKECH DESERT TOUR TO ZAGORA HIGHLIGHTS
- Drive through the dramatic Tizi N'Tichka Pass of high Atlas mountains
- Explore the great valleys of the south of Morocco such Draa Valley
- Ride a camel through the dunes of Tinfo, M’hamid and Erg Chegaga dunes
- Play a drum around the campfire after feasting on a Moroccan Tagine meal
- Explore the lifestyle of nomads as you share meals with Berbers
- Sleep in a nomadic tent and watch the sunrise over Zagora’s dunes
- If the itineraries that we offer do not match what you're looking for, contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.
- If a long Camel trek & overnight in the camp is not for you can still enjoy the sunset with a shorter camel trek and spend the night in the Hotel.
- 50% off for children under 12 years with maximum 1 child per family