4 DAYS ZAGORA & MERZOUGA
Zagora & Merzouga Desert Tour 4 Days Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – KASBAH AIT BEN HADDOU – ZAGORA
We will pick you up at your hotel/riad in Marrakech and start heading to the Atlas Mountains through the Tizi n‘ Tichka pass, the direct route towards Ouarzazate. It is a spectacular and dramatic route that presents astonishing views of snow-topped peaks of the Atlas and many Berber villages. Upon our descent, we will arrive in the cultural heritage site of Morocco; the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou. It was once an important stop along the caravan routes that carried salt from the Sahara and on return gold and ivory. It is the best preserved and well fortified Kasbah with high steep walls of dark red clay, impenetrable at this remote, hillside site. After our visit, we will continue on to Ouarzazate from where we set on the road South to Zagora and the Draa Valley. At first, travelling through the barren mountains but eventually descending into the Draa Valley. This picturesque valley is well known in Morocco for its sweet dates. The vistas are splendid all the way to Zagora, where we spend the night.
DAY 2 : ZAGORA – OUARZAZATE – DADES VALLEY
After breakfast you depart from Zagora, our first stop today will be the village of Tamegroute, which is famous for its library featuring Korans written as well as the 12th-century writings on the animal skins. Then we drive back to Ouarzazate where the tour will change vehicle for our next adventure. We then drive back to Ouarzazate where your tour will change vehicle for our next adventure. Ouarzazate is known as the Gateway to the desert, On the way you pass the beautiful oasis of Skoura with many ancient kasbahs standing amongst the palm trees. You continue through the valley of roses to the village Kelaa M’gouna where we stop for Berber tea in front of the valley view. Further, you drive along the valley of the thousand kasbahs towards Dades gorges. Our overnight stay in the valley will be at a smart guesthouse, where you can enjoy en-suite rooms, an evening meal and a hearty breakfast.
DAY 3: DADES VALLEY – TOUDRA GORGES – MERZOUGA
After a typical Moroccan breakfast, we will depart from the hotel in Dades Gorges to Todra Gorge where you will have free time to go trekking along the canyons of about 300m high. A guide will take you around the gorge and lunch can be freely taken at any restaurant along the way to Merzouga. This is the town we head for next, and at this point, there will be another chance to ride camels and sleep under the stars in the desert at a Berber camp. Enjoy a camel trek across the dunes of Erg Chebbi, on the outskirts of Merzouga. The dunes at sunrise and sunset are quite amazing. These wind-swept sands form a sea of undulating sandy hills where the only sights to see are camel caravans gracefully and effortlessly negotiating the soft sandy hills. You will enjoy another evening meal and a chance to sleep under the stars.
DAY 4: MERZOUGA – DARAA VALLEY – MARRAKECH
On the last day our Marrakech trip to the desert we will be woken up a half an hour before the sunrise. We enjoy the magical view of golden dunes and then we return to Merzouga village by camel ride. After breakfast we drive from Merzouga to Marrakech, the drive will take us through the Berber villages of Alnif and NKob and through Agdez and the Draa Valley - as the fascinating oasis home to Berber villages. We will continue to Ouarzazate, where we will have lunch and then We continue to Marrakech over the High Atlas mountains to arrive in the early evening.
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||2 Pax||3-4 Pax||5-6 Pax|
|PRICE PER PERSON||400 €||250 €||200 €|
|ADULT||CHILD (3-11)||INFANT (0-2)|
|155 € / PER PERSON||50 %||Free|
4 days desert tour from Marrakech overiew
Enjoy a wonderful a Morocco desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora and Merzouga Desert for 4 full days of the breathtaking valley and desert landscapes seen in movies such as ‘Gladiator’ and ‘Lawrence of Arabia.’ Travelling through the High Atlas Mountains, visit the desert gateway city of Ouarzazate and explore the small Moroccan towns scattered throughout the Draa River Valley. Get a taste for authentic Berber life with an overnight in nomads’ tents at a desert camp in M’hamid, and witness a desert sunrise on an early-morning excursion to the Erg Lihoudi sand dunes nearby.
ZAGORA & MERZOUGA DESERT TOUR INFO
- Duration: 4 Days & 3 Nights
- Departure: 7/8 AM
- Starting location: Marrakech
- Ending location: Marrakech
INCLUDED IN ZAGORA & MERZOUGA DESERT TRIP
- Free arrival transfer(Marrakech Airport - Marrakech hotel)
- Transportation (A/C comfortable 4WD/minivan/minibus)
- Professional English speaking driver during the trip
- Accommodation in typical hotels, riads and tents
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- Camel trek to overnight in nomad desert camp
- Sunrise and sunset camel treks
- Berber music show / Entertainment
- Visit to nomad and Berber families
- Visit the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Breaks for photos...Etc
NOT INCLUDED IN ZAGORA & MERZOUGA DESERT TRIP
- Personal expenses
4 days Zagora & Merzouga Sahara Tour highlights
- Drive through the dramatic Tizi N'Tichka Pass of high Atlas mountains
- Explore the great valleys of the south of Morocco such Draa Valley
- Ride a camel through the dunes of Tinfo, M’hamid and Erg Chegaga dunes
- Play a drum around the campfire after feasting on a Moroccan Tagine meal
- Explore the lifestyle of nomads and share meals with Berbers
- Sleep in a tent and watch the sunrise over Zagora & Merzouga ’s dunes
- If the itinerary 4 days Zagora and Merzouga desert tour from Marrakesh that we offer does not match what you're looking for, contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.
- If a long Morocco Camel trek & overnight in the camp is not for you can still enjoy the sunset with a shorter Morocco camel ride and spend the night in the Hotel.
- 50% off for children under 12 years with maximum 1 child per family