Desert Tour to Merzouga & Zagora
4 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga & Zagora
This 4 day desert adventure will take you from Marrakech to Merzouga and the Erg Chebbi Dunes, and many other amazing destinations besides. This is a fantastic option for those who want to experience as many of Morocco’s varied landscapes as possible. You will see the Atlas Mountains, the Zagora desert, the oases of the Draa valley, the volcanic massifs of Saghro, the desert dunes, the Toudra Gorges and the Valley of the Roses – as well as enjoying historic sites and attractions along the way.
- Drive through the dramatic Tizi N'Tichka Pass of high Atlas mountains
- Explore the great valleys of the south of Morocco such Draa Valley
- Ride a camel through the dunes of Tinfo, M’hamid and Erg Chegaga dunes
- Play a drum around the campfire after feasting on a Moroccan Tagine meal
- Explore the lifestyle of nomads and share meals with Berbers
- Sleep in a tent and watch the sunrise over Zagora & Merzouga ’s dunes
4 Days Desert Tour Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE – ZAGORA ( 6 H DRIVE )
DAY 2 : ZAGORA – TAZARINE – MERZOUGA ( 6 H DRIVE )
DAY 3: MERZOUGA – TINGHIR – BOUMALNE DADES ( 6 H DRIVE )After breakfast in the desert camp, we will wend our way along the 1001 Kasbahs route, past fortified kasbahs, oases and rivers, to the oasis town of Tinghir. Here, you will enjoy a stunning walk along the bank of the Todras River to the breathtaking Todras Gorges, where you will enjoy your lunch. In the early afternoon, a drive along the Dades Valley will take you past more magnificent kasbahs and through some charming Berber villages. As the sun begins to set, you can enjoy the views and take some amazing photographs at the Dades Gorges. You will then enjoy your dinner and at night's stay at your hotel in the Dades Valley.
DAY 4: BOUMALNE DADES – AIT BEN HADDOU – MARRAKECH ( 6 H DRIVE )As the sun rises on your final day, you can have some breakfast at your hotel before we set off to drive along the Valley of the Roses. In Kalaa Megouna, you can visit with a ladies' rose water co-operative and learn more about the local industry, and how rose water is made here for perfumes and other uses. Next, we will make our way to Skoura Oasis – one of the largest oases in Southern Morocco. There (time permitting) you will have the opportunity to visit one of the Kasbahs here. Continuing on, we will make our way back to Ouarzazate and pay a visit to the nearby UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah. This is one of the most visited sites in Morocco and of course, when you visit, you will surely see why. You may also recognise this place from the Hollywood blockbusters in which it has featured. After enjoying your lunch at leisure in Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, we will finally make our way back to Marrakech, through the Atlas Mountains, and drop you back at your hotel or riad.
- Hotel or riad pick up and drop off (or to closest available point if the place is not car accessible).
- Travel in an air-conditioned modern 4x4 or van, with English speaking driver/ guide.
- Accommodation (including A/C, ensuite, dinner and breakfast) on your first night, in Zagora.
- Sunset camel ride in the dunes of Erg Chebbi.
- Private tent accommodation (shared washrooms/ showers, dinner and breakfast included) at the desert camp. You can upgrade to an ensuite tent at the time of booking for 65 Euros per person.
- Night three accommodation in your hotel in the Dades Valley, dinner and breakfast.
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Local guides (if applicable)
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- The price per person of this tour will depend on how many people there are in your party.
- The pickup time for your tour can be flexible, however, the distances to be covered are rather long, so between 7.30 and 8am is highly recommended.
- A 4x4 can be used comfortably to transport four adult passengers. A family of six with small children can also be accommodated in a 4x4. If more people are in the party, a van will be utilised.
- Local guides and entrance fees (if applicable) are NOT included. You pay for these directly to the suppliers.