Desert Tour to Merzouga & Zagora
Our 4-day amazing tour from Marrakech to Merzouga and zagora tour is the best to explore the beauty of the various places. During this amazing tour, you will get a chance to follow the beautiful paths and enjoying thrilling rides. We will drive through Draa Valley while enjoying the beauty of its massive dates palm trees. Even more, you can enjoy a camel ride, follow the paths of old caravan roads and explore the beautiful valleys. Our 4 days Marrakech desert trip is the best option to enjoy one of the most amazing Merzouga and Zagora tours.
- Drive through the dramatic Tizi N'Tichka Pass of high Atlas mountains
- Explore the great valleys of the south of Morocco such Draa Valley
- Ride a camel through the dunes of Tinfo, M’hamid and Erg Chegaga dunes
- Play a drum around the campfire after feasting on a Moroccan Tagine meal
- Explore the lifestyle of nomads and share meals with Berbers
- Sleep in a tent and watch the sunrise over Zagora & Merzouga ’s dunes
Zagora & Merzouga Desert Tour 4 Days Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE – ZAGORA ( 6 H DRIVE )
The amazing journey of your private desert tours from Marrakech will start from Marrakech Departs. The route will wind up via the Atlas Mountains from Tizi N’ Tichka Pass. This route will let you enjoy splendid views around because the pass rises 2260-meters above sea level. To enjoy the beauty of the scenery and to capture the views, numerous stops will be made on the way. Before moving to Zagora via Draa valley, we will visit Taourirte Kasbahs to enjoy lunch at leisure. The river is giving life to a huge oasis anti-Atlas Mountains’ uphill. Draa Valley has been coveted for many years with the Sahara Desert Nomads. Along with this, between Kasbahs and Ksours numerous palm groves are bringing shades. Even more, the fields of corns, henna plantation, vegetables and barely are dotted between. Dinner and overnight activities will be e joyed at Zagora.
DAY 2 : ZAGORA – TAZARINE – MERZOUGA ( 6 H DRIVE )
At day 2 we will cross the Anti Atlas Mountains’ volcanic peaks. You will enjoy an enjoyable drive across the lunatic landscapes’ oases located in the middle of nowhere. At oasis of Alnif, we will enjoy a delicious lunch before carrying on to Merzouga and Erg Chebbi. Erg Chebbi is the place where you will find your Sahara Desert camps. After arriving at the destination, the transport means will be switched with the camels and you will enjoy the mesmerizing sunset view. Even more, you will also explore the beauty of Erg Chebbi while riding your camel and come back to the camp. Here you will get Moroccan dinner along with some amazing means of entertainment.
DAY 3: MERZOUGA – TINGHIR – BOUMALNE DADES ( 6 H DRIVE )
After having breakfast, we will head towards Tinghir through 1001 Kasbahs past rivers, fortified Kasbahs and oases. Here you will enjoy walking along the riverbank of Toudgra canyons to enjoy delicious lunch. However, early afternoon you will move along Dades Valley to pass through magnificent Berber Villages and fortified Kasbahs. Even more, you can take photographs of the sunset scene to capture marvelous scenery. At 3rd day you will enjoy dinner and overnight at Dads Valley hotel.
DAY 4: BOUMALNE DADES – AIT BEN HADDOU – MARRAKECH ( 6 H DRIVE )
At early morning, we will drive the Valley of the Roses to reach Kalaa Megouna. Here we will visit rose water ladies cooperative and get to know how the rose water essences are being prepared locally. Even more, we will continue to Skoura oasis to visit one of the beautiful Kasbahs in the South. After that, we will drive to reach the beautiful UNESCO world heritage site and Ouarzazate to enjoy more. After enjoying lunch here we will head to Marrakech through Tizi Ntichka pass. This best Sahara Desert tours from Marrakech will end by reaching your accommodation.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Tour price for each person will depend on the number of persons in your group
- Driving time mentioned-above is not including the stop times
- Transport means will depend on the number of people in a group. For up to 4 people’s group, we will go with a 4X4. While for more passengers we will use a van
- Entry and local guide’s fees are not included in the tour package.
- We can set flexible pick up times for your ease
- Free arrival transfer(Marrakech Airport - Marrakech hotel)
- Transportation (A/C comfortable 4WD/minivan/minibus)
- Professional English speaking driver during the trip
- Accommodation in typical hotels, riads and tents
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- Camel trek to overnight in nomad desert camp
- Sunrise and sunset camel treks
- Berber music show / Entertainment
- Visit to nomad and Berber families
- Visit the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Breaks for photos...Etc
- Personal expenses