Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
If you want the best of both worlds, and want to see both the cultural and historic attractions of the most famous of Morocco’s imperial cities and the highlights of the Desert, this three day tour can be tailored to a four day tour if you have a little more time. From Marrakech, you will cross the Atlas Mountains and make your way to the desert, then make the long drive back northwards to Fes.
- Crossing the high atlas peaks at Tizi Ntichka pass
- Expedition through the Moroccan fim sets at Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
- A trip to the Kasbah of Amridil and Skoura oasis
- Road drive of 1001 Kasbahs and valley of roses
- A countryside walk near Todgha oasis and stay at Berber village
- Visit of Erg Chebbi dunes and the camel rides along with sunset sightseeing
- A night out at Sahara desert camp right in the middle of the deserts
- A mountainous drive on the Fez Mountains in the Ziz valley
- Drive through Cedar forests and Barbary apes watch
- Visit the winter ski resort of Ifran
Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – AIT BEN HADDOU – BOUMALNE DADES ( 7 H DRIVE )
Your tour will usually begin at 7.30am with pick up from your Marrakech accommodation.You will travel with us up and over the High Altas Mountains on the Tizi Ntichka Pass, enjoying breathtaking views and stops for refreshment and photographs along the way. We will visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, where a number of famous movies have been filmed before continuing on to Ouarzazate, where you can enjoy lunch at leisure. After lunch, we will drive to the large oasis of Skoura, where you can see Amridil, one of the best preserved kasbahs in the country. From there we will continue on to Kalaa Mgrouna via the beautiful Valley of the Roses. Finally, you will reach your accommodation for the first night – a boutique guest house in the Dades Valley, where you will enjoy some dinner before retiring for a good night's sleep.
DAY 2 : BOUMALNE DADES – TODRA GORGES – MERZOUGA ( 4 H DRIVE )
DAY 3 : MERZOUGA – MIDELT – IFRAN – FES ( 8 H DRIVE )
- Hotel or riad pick up and drop off (or to closest available point if the place is not car accessible).
- Travel in an air-conditioned modern 4x4 or van, with English speaking driver/ guide.
- Accommodation (including A/C, ensuite, dinner and breakfast) on your first night, in the Dades Valley.
- Sunset and sunrise camel rides at Erg Chebbi.
- Accommodation in Erg Chebbi Desert Camp, dinner and breakfast, shared facilities. Upgrade to a deluxe (ensuite) camp for 65 Euros per person.
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Local guides (if applicable)
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Drive time is rather extensive on a three day trip. Make sure that you understand the distances involved. If you would rather enjoy a more leisurely experience, this tour can be tailored to be a four day adventure if your would prefer.
- The price for the Marrakech to Fez Desert tour will depend on how many passengers there are in your party.
- Pick up times can be flexible during spring and summer, though we do recommend starting early.
- Local guides and entrance fees (if applicable) are NOT included. You pay for these directly to the suppliers.
- Sunglasses, hats, and sensible footwear would all be a good idea for this safari.