Marrakech to Erg Chigaga 4 Days
Are you looking for an exciting Morocco desert tour to erg Chigaga from Marrakech? Do not go anywhere else. It is because we have brought through Mhamid, Zagora, and Foum Zguid. This tour is certainly a perfect opportunity for desert amateurs. We will make it sure for you to admire the peace and silence of the mesmerizing desert. This is truly one of the best Marrakech desert tours which will let you forget the frantic city lives completely.
This 4 days Marrakech to Erg Chigaga tour can make you feel relaxed and calm. You can enjoy a camel ride through the sand dunes of Sahara and you will be accompanied by an experienced guide for the camel tour. On this desert trip you will also get a chance for experiencing desert life first hand, as a nomadic tent will be arranged for you where you can spend the night in desert.
- We will start by the Mountains of High Atlas to experience a smooth journey
- After that, you will get time to visit the world heritage in Ait Ben Haddou’s Village
- Next, we will drive by the fortified Kasbahs of Draa Valley
- You will experience a camel ride in dunes of Erg Chigaga along with an amazing view of sunset there
- Night stay at the Desert Camp which will be settled in the mid of nowhere
- Experience an amazing scenic Drive across lake of dry salt
- Meet the Berber nomads
Marrakech to Erg Chegaga Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE – ZAGORA ( 7 H DRIVE )
Your amazing trip to Erg Chigaga Morocco tour will begin sharp at 7:30 from your accommodation. Departure from Marrakech will be started by twisting up through mountains of high Atlas via Tichka Pass. The views around the pass are perfect and splendid. To provide you a better opportunity to capture the beautiful scenery and leg stretching some stops will be made on the way. Before continuing to Zagora, we will stop at Ouarzazate to enjoy a delicious lunch. Along our way to Zagora, you will see plenty of palmeraies are bringing their shades in between fortified villages and Kasbahs. However, the dinner and other overnight activities of day 1 will be enjoyed at Zagora hotel.
DAY 2 : ZAGORA – MHAMID – ERG CHIGAGA ( 4 H DRIVE )
Next day, we will travel to M’hamid early in the morning. We will pass by the Tamagroute village and here we will visit the oldest Moroccan Quranic libraries. Even more, we will also visit the factory of pottery and underground Kasbah here. We will have lunch here at leisure. Well, early afternoon, the tour will start for dunes of Erg Chigaga by crossing different amazing topographies of the beautiful desert. As these dunes are away from civilization, therefore, the peace and silence here are worth enjoying. Here you will get a chance to enjoy a camel ride and to experience a dramatic sunset view. Even more, at night you will be served with a Moroccan dinner under a starry sky. You will also enjoy local music here.
DAY 3 : ERG CHIGAGA – FOUM ZGUID – OUARZAZATE ( 6 H DRIVE )
After having breakfast, we will start a road journey which will lead us to an amazing way with fluctuating scenery. Here we will first reach Iriqui Lake. The fossils and mountains will follow the Rally Paris Dakar’s old track. Well, from FoumZguid the paved roads will start. After enjoying lunch, we will head to the Taznakht’s Berber village. This place is well-known for its rugs and Berber carpets. After reaching Ouarzazate in the late afternoon. So, dinner and other overnight activities will take place at your accommodation location.
DAY 4 : OUARZAZATE – AIT BEN HADDOU – MARRAKECH ( 4 H DRIVE )
After enjoying breakfast, you will enjoy a film studio visit here. The studio is situated near Ouarzazate. After that, we will enjoy the visit to the world heritage village. This has been used as the set of over 20 blockbusters of Hollywood. Here you can enjoy a peaceful walk to discover more about the traditional architecture of Morocco. After that, we will continue our journey to Marrakesh. Depending on the time, we will have lunch either at the Atlas Mountains or Ait Ben Hadou. Hopefully, we will arrive at Marrakech early in the evening. An amazing 4 days Sahara trip from Marrakech will end at your accommodation.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The trip's price per person will depend on the number of participants in your group
- The travel time does not include the stop times which we will make on the way
- Selection of vehicle will depend upon the number of participants in your group
- You will pay the entrance and local guide fees by yourself
- You can choose a flexible time to pick up for the tour. However, the time between 7:30 to 8:00 is always recommended
- Free arrival transfer(Marrakech Airport - Marrakech hotel)
- Transportation (A/C comfortable 4WD/minivan/minibus)
- Professional English speaking driver during the trip
- Accommodation in typical hotels, riads and tents
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- Camel trek to overnight in nomad desert camp
- Sunrise and sunset camel treks
- Berber music show / Entertainment
- Visit to nomad and Berber families
- Visit the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Breaks for photos...Etc
- Personal expenses