3 Days Fes to Marrakech Desert tour
Fes or Fez is for the discerning traveller who wants to take a trip back to medieval world. In the backdrop of the Zerhoun hills the wide flat plain of Fes expands within Olive and fruit trees. Furthermore, The city was founded in 789 AD by Moulay Idriss, a descendent of the prophet Mohammed. Fes known as the city of exotic rooftops, towers and minarets and the theological and intellectual centre of Morocco.
Even more, it houses one of the oldest mosque’s in the muslim world the “Karaouine Mosque” (foundation 857 AD). Fes has been the capital of Morocco on and off from the ninth century until 1912.
3 Days Fes to Marrakech desert tour Highlights
On this 3 days Fes to Marrakech desert tour you will travel from Fez to Marrakesh, passing through Ifran, Midelt, Merzouga, Rissani, Todra Gorge, Dades Gorges, Ouarzazate, and Ait Benhaddou along the way. Admire the spectacular scenery of the Atlas Mountains, experience the culture and traditions of the Berber people, enjoy camel rides across the sand dunes in the desert, and explore the historical Kasbahs in the various towns.
We are more than happy to discuss your tour requirements and welcome the opportunity to plan your Fes to Marrakech desert tour
FEZ TO MARRAKECH DESERT TOUR INFO
- Duration: 3 Days & 2 Nights
- Departure: 7/8 AM
- Starting location: Fes
- Ending location: Marrakech
INCLUDED IN FES TO MARRAKECH DESERT TOUR
- Free arrival transfer(Fes Airport - Fes hotel)
- Transportation (A/C comfortable 4WD/minivan/minibus)
- Professional English speaking driver during the trip
- Accommodation in typical hotels, riads and tents
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Fes & Marrakech
- Camel trek to overnight in nomad desert camp
- Sunrise and sunset camel treks
- Berber music show / Entertainment
- Visit to nomad and Berber families
- Visit the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Breaks for photos...Etc
NOT INCLUDED IN FES TO MARRAKECH SAHARA TRIP
- Personal expenses
FEZ TO MARRAKECH DESERT TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Visit the winter ski resort of Ifran, built in the style of a Swiss city
- Enjoy a camel ride across the desert
- Admire the sunset by the dunes of Erg Chebbi
- Experience the Berber culture as you stay overnight at a desert camp
- Explore the town of Rissani, where the Alaouite Dynasty was established
- Admire the beautiful rivers and mountains as you walk through the Gorges
- Explore the town of Ouarzazate, home to the largest film studio in Africa
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR FES TO MARRAKECH SAHARA TRIP
- If 3 Days Fes to Marrakech desert tour itinerary that we offer does not match what you're looking for, contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.
- If a long Morocco Camel trekking & overnight in the camp is not for you can still enjoy the sunset with a shorter Morocco camel trek and spend the night in the Hotel.
- 50% off for children under 12 years with maximum 1 child per family
Fes To Marrakech Desert Tour Itinerary
DAY 1 : FEZ – IFRAN – MIDELT – ERFOUD – MERZOUGA
Departing early from Fes, you will begin your ascent passing through Ifran, a winter ski resort built in the 1930s to resemble a Swiss village. You will visit the cedars forest in Azrou, see monkeys, and drive across the Middle Atlas Mountains. Most of the day will be spent winding your way through beautiful forests, springs, jagged rock faces, and Berber villages as you cross the Atlas Mountains and begin to descend towards the Sahara Desert. You will stop for lunch in the town of Midelt, famous for its fossils and rocks, before continuing towards Merzouga. Reaching Merzouga in the afternoon, you will stop for some mint tea before heading to your desert camp, where you will stay overnight in a Berber tent. After mint tea and a delicious dinner, you can enjoy the campfire and traditional music of the Berbers.
DAY 2 : MERZOUGA – TOUDRA GORGES – DADES
Wake up early to see the spectacular sunrise when the colour of the dunes and the play of shadows are an awesome sight. Arriving at the hotel to have breakfast and shower. Continue to Ouarzazate via Rissani you will stop in Erfoud: famous for its fossilized marbles where you will visit the workshop production of marble with fossils. Continue to Todra Gorges, an ideal place for walking. Have lunch then we drive through Dades valley and the town of roses Kelaa Magouna, we continue through the road of Thousand-Kasbahs passing by Skoura palm groves until we arrive in Ouarzazate city named “Hollywood of Morocco”. Overnight in hotel
DAY 3 : DADES – AIT BEN HADDOU – MARRAKECH
After breakfast, the tour goes over the Atlas Mountains, so you will be able to enjoy beautiful landscapes with local villages and elevated scenery of the surrounding areas during your journey. When reaching Ouarzazate, we will have a tour around the city, exploring the Kasbahs and the beautiful surrounding area. Ouarzazate is a popular film making the location. You will have an opportunity to visit film studios and even enjoy lunch or coffee at the studio hotel. When visiting Ouarzazate, very often there is a chance to see international and even Hollywood film crews shooting a movie. Several films were shot there such as Lawrence of Arabia, The Living Daylights, The Last Temptation of Christ, The Mummy, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Kundun,…we continue our journey until we reach the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, an ancient village has been listed as UNESCO's world heritage sites since 1987. We continue to the red city of Marrakech via the Tizi-N-Tichka pass. By late evening, you will be dropped at the hotel.
PRICES / AVAILABLE ONLY ON A PRIVATE BASIS
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||2 Pax||3-4 Pax||5-6 Pax|
|PRICE PER PERSON||365 €||220 €||175 €|